- Surface finishing of components in the automotive reconditioning, marine, aviation and fabrication industries.
- Excellent surface corrosion prevention and recovery on aluminium castings
- Excellent surface preparation of component surfaces prior to anodising, electroplating, coating and bonding to ensure better performance of the coating
- Excellent Dye Penetrant Inspection preparation (DPI). Some common parts tested are stainless steel welded joints, aluminium joints, turbine blades, stainless steel fittings, castings and forgings and aviation engine parts
Advantages of Wet Bead Blasting
- Increases component life by stress relieving through peening
- Deeply cleans irregular surfaces, decarbonises and de-scales
- Provides an excellent chemical free alternative to pickling processes for a uniform satin finish
- Can be used on fine and machined surfaces
- No component erosion or media impregnation
- Critical measurements maintained, particularly handy where tight tolerances are important
- No heat warping with thin parts
- Environmentally friendly - no toxic or harmful chemicals are used and no atmospheric pollution. Unlike sand blasting, it’s a dust-free blasting environment
- Leaves a very attractive smooth satin, easy clean surface finish, eliminating the need for painting
Glass Bead Peening
The process of glass bead peening creates a uniform surface layer of compressed stress in metal alloys, helping to resist corrosion and stress cracks.
Peening with glass bead media provides the right balance of stress relief without over-stressing and causing damage.
This process has multiple uses, producing a clean, bright satin finish on metal, exposing cracks and fracture in metal that may have gone unnoticed.
Pickling Process Alternative
Pioneer finishes offer an environmentally friendly acid free alternative.